Tax Director – Infrastructure London
Brookfield Asset Management Inc. (“Brookfield”) is a leading global alternative asset manager with over $500 billion in assets under management. We have over a 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. Our assets are held through a growing portfolio of private funds and public listed entities. We are proud of our track record for achieving strong risk-adjusted returns for our clients, partners and shareholders across all market conditions. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE and TSX.
The Brookfield Infrastructure Group (“BIG”) is one of Brookfield’s primary business units. BIG operates and manages over $66 billion of assets owned through its public vehicle, Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (“BIP”) which is listed on the NYSE and TSX, and its unlisted private investment funds. Our portfolio is comprised of long-life, high quality infrastructure assets with high barriers to entry that generate stable and growing cash flows. Our portfolio of infrastructure assets are primarily in the utilities, transport, energy and data infrastructure sectors and are located in North and South America, Europe, India and Australasia.
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, Taxation, the newly created position will primarily focus on (i) tax compliance; (ii) tax accounting; (iii) tax authority enquiries; (iv) tax planning and (v) risk management. In time, the potential exists to expand into assisting with European M&A transactions and European portfolio company management. This role offers an excellent opportunity for career development and growth as a tax professional in a highly dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Manage external service providers to the tax compliance process for European companies
- Ensure timely tax filings for all European subsidiaries including corporation tax returns, country-by-country reporting notifications and EU Mandatory Disclosure Regime
- Preparation of quarterly tax provisions and review of quarterly tax provision packages prepared by European portfolio companies
- Manage tax audits and respond to tax queries from European tax authorities
- Assist with the preparation of steps and funds flows for acquisitions, disposals, cash repatriations, equity injections and other cash flows
- Maintain compliance with tax risk management policy and transfer pricing policies
- Provide ongoing support to Finance, Treasury and Legal teams globally to ensure proper maintenance of holding and financing structures
- Identification of and execution on European tax planning opportunities
- Assist other members of the global tax team on various initiatives
- Qualified ACA (or equivalent) with corporate tax experience in a Big 4 accounting firm and /or in industry with a multinational corporate group
- Strong technical knowledge of UK tax rules and experience in tax compliance for large corporates
- Good understanding of and experience with tax accounting under IFRS
- Experience in managing large tax compliance projects
- Able to communicate complex tax matters and issues in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Excellent project management skills and applies a pragmatic and efficient approach to handling complex assignments
At Brookfield, we care about your privacy and strive to protect Applicant Data throughout the recruitment process. To that end, information that we gather from applicants via job postings, is used solely for the purposes of recruiting and hiring. For more details, we encourage applicants to read Brookfield’s Applicant Data Protection and Privacy Notice, found on our website:
Do you have the right to work in the United Kingdom?*
Tax Director – Infrastructure London