Maria Mallaband Care Group
Senior Carer – (Day) Newton Aycliffe
About the Role
To ensure the highest levels of bespoke care is provided to all residents in every aspect of daily living.
- Assist with the admission of new residents in a way that puts the new resident at the heart of the service and complies with all procedures.
- Respect people’s right to confidentiality, protecting and upholding their privacy and dignity
- Show consideration, respect and sensitivity for residents’ property
- Be vigilant and accurately report physical and/or emotional changes in residents
- Ensure all care plans are up to date and reflect resident’s changing needs
- Model ways that support residents to lead as full a life as possible, using individual care plans to provide person centred care, seeking relevant activities for engagement and balancing support needs with independence
- Proactively improve the quality of care and support by reflecting on and updating own knowledge, skills and experience
- Support and coach team members to improve on all aspects of care
- Show leadership and work with others to ensure the delivery of safe, high quality care and support
- Administer medicines and controlled drugs in accordance with prescriptions and procedures
- Work to the Codes of Practice set down by the General Social Care Council
To communicate effectively with clarity, empathy and respect for others in all forms of communication and to all recipients
- Promote the wellbeing of people who need care and support
- Develop excellent rapport and be polite, welcoming and courteous to residents, relatives and visitors
- Show enthusiasm and interest when showing prospective residents and their families around the home, ensuring detailed requirements are agreed and noted accurately for future use
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are communicated in a timely and precise way as per company procedures
- Promote, ensure and maintain the good reputation of the Care Home and the Company
- Understand the importance of correct record management and own personal responsibilities in maintaining this through passwords, storage of documentation, and sharing information ( both paper based or on electronic systems).
- To be proactive in information management including identifying errors and omission in records and personal data, informing relevant persons promptly to reduce risk of harm or inappropriate care and treatment, and responding to external recommendations to improve data quality
- Report breeches of records security to line manager or the Caldicott Guardian.
- Actively look for ways to improve internal and external communications
- Communicate effectively by adapting your style to meet the needs of other.
To inspire and guide staff to provide exceptional care in a safe and dignified way, by motivating them to carry out their duties effectively and efficiently.
- Live and promote the Company Mission and Brand Values at all times
- Support the Care Manager to promote the home and deliver excellent service, safety and profitability
- Work effectively and co-operatively as a team member and a team leader
- Take responsibility for completing all mandatory training, ensure compliance and seek opportunities to continue to learn
- Support training and supervision of junior and new staff members in all aspects of their work
- Demonstrate effective time management by planning & organising to ensure that tasks are completed on time and to a high standard, whilst providing exceptional care
- Assist with the effective Induction for new staff, ensuring all relevant documentation is understood and completed
- Work responsibly to deliver excellent care when leading a shift
- Promote an environment where all people are treated fairly
Health and Safety
To implement safety practices in line with legislation and company policies and procedures and to promote these methods with all staff
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion by treating all people fairly and without bias
- Complete and update all mandatory training and ensure compliance at all times
- Comply with all relevant legislation and company policies and procedures to ensure the health, safety and well-being of all residents, their visitors and colleagues
- Comply with company policy and procedure in relation to infection control and prevention
- Ensure the security of the home is maintained at all times
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are communicated in a timely and precise way as per Company procedures
- To work within the company’s Information Governance policies in order maintain security of personal and sensitive data
Rose Lodge Care Home
Winner of the MMCG & Countrywide ‘Home of the Year’ award 2017 and rated ‘Good’ by CQC in April 2017, Rose Lodge is a purpose built care home which specialises in residential, dementia and respite care. En-suite bathroom facilities are offered in the bedrooms, while spacious lounge and dining areas in addition to gardens and patio, provide further space to relax and socialise. The on-site caf © and bar area are great places for socialising with friends and family, and the home also opened a dementia-friendly coffee shop in 2016. The Rose Lodge care team delivers a person-centred programme of care, aiming to provide a homely, warm atmosphere for the residents and their loved ones. Rose Lodge’s full-time activities coordinator provides residents with an extensive programme of activities, entertainment and events. Its central location, regular coffee mornings and luncheon clubs, and charity fundraising events means the home enjoys strong community links.
Senior Carer – (Day) Newton Aycliffe