Registered Manager Plymouth Devon
Salary: £ to £
Registered Manager (New 2-bed homes in Plymouth and Torquay)
Plymouth and Torquay, Devon • Full-time • £28,000 – £34,000 per annum dependant on experience and occupancy
We have two great opportunities for an experienced Registered Manager to help set up two new 2-bed children’s homes in Plymouth and Torquay.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to flourish and develop their career helping to shape and form these new services.
Taking complete responsibility for the running of the Home our Registered Managers are expected to maintain exceptionally high standards, provide leadership, support and directions to their team. The successful candidate will also need to be able to work with professionals and stakeholders from a wide range of external agencies.
The successful candidate will have had to have had experience within Children’s services with demonstrable leadership experience in managing teams in a Residential setting for at least two years. A level 5 Diploma or equivalent is essential so you will either have this or be motivated to undertake and complete it. A full driving license is essential.
We seek an individual who is values driven, a team player and a brand advocate. Our aspiration is for all Phoenix Children’s Homes to be rated outstanding and our drive and focus is to ensure all our Homes provide high quality care and support for vulnerable and challenging young people.
- To provide complete management of the home, acting as the Registered Home Manager, fulfilling the requirements of that position as laid down by Ofsted and all current and relevant legislation
- To provide 24 hour management cover including advice and guidance to your Colleagues at the home and provide on-call cover
- To support in the learning and development of your team with assistance from the Group’s Learning and Training team.
- To recognise the potential of each individual Young Person while providing the necessary opportunities, encouragement and support for each Young Person’s potential to be realised
- To help create a dynamic, caring environment this supports all the aims and values of the Group
- The key duties of this role are:
- Responsible for the home achieving and maintaining the standards described in the Children’s Home Regulations and any other current and relevant legislation
- To ensure that each Young Person has an up to date placement plan that is regularly reviewed throughout their stay
- To manage all HR and financial matters required of the role and the running of the Home
- To provide reports to Senior management on the performance of the home, your Colleagues & any other relevant matters and to ensure that all records are kept to a high standard.
- This role is one that requires a high level of organisational and administrative skill along with an ability to act as a leader for your Colleagues based at the home.
Not only will you have the privilege of working with wonderful Young People and fantastic colleagues, as part of Phoenix Learning and Care Group you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers including childcare vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- 24 hour help and support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid classroom based induction with extensive ongoing face to face training programs
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and upskilling
- Internal progression
- Professional and ongoing personal supervision process to provide you and your line manager with opportunities to address all aspects of your role and ensure on-going support, direction and feedback.
Phoenix Learning and Care was established in 2006 and has more than 40 services across the South West of England including residential children’s homes and adult supported living services. We provide education in schools delivering KS2 to KS4 curriculum for those with special educational needs and further education through our specialist college.
Our mission is to meet an individual’s social or educational needs. Phoenix enables people to flourish by always putting those we support at the centre of our thinking and practice. Our aim is simple; to improve an individual’s skills and abilities, help them cope with their life experiences and give them the knowledge and skills to be effective, productive and valued members of society.
How to apply:
Please click on ‘Apply for this job’ and you will be directed to our simple online application form which is mobile and tablet friendly. For more information please complete our short enquiries form above by clicking “Enquire” or call Adam on 01271 379006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Registered Manager Plymouth Devon