Head of Partnerships London
at Readly in London (Published at 02-01-2020)
0 0 0
Would you like to join the quest of digitising the magazine industry?
Readly is looking for a driven, business and result oriented Head of Partnerships!
When joining Readly you will be part of a company with people, that just like you, are brave and straight forward, while at the same time a team player with no prestige.
The company has left the start-up scene and is now a proven scale-up with great organic growth. Given that Readly is in this stage right now, things change constantly and the pace is very high.
To enjoy working in this environment, we believe you are the type of person that likes to try out new things and don?t mind ?killing your darlings?. You will be part of a company with people that, just like you, are passionate about their job and who want to help each other to succeed.
Readly is a digital subscription service that lets customers have unlimited, ?all-you-can-read? access to thousands of national and international magazines – all in one app. Readly has partnered with 800+ publishers around the world to drive the digital transformation of the magazine industry. Past twelve months Readly has distributed over 4,500 titles and 115,000 issues and more than 80 million magazines have been read by users in 50 markets. We see ourselves as an ecosystem where all our stakeholders share the value of digitized quality content. By bringing the magic of magazines into the future – trusted content anytime, anywhere, our passionate team of 90 people in Sweden, Germany and UK hope to make the enjoyment of magazines and power of trusted journalism more accessible than ever before.
About the role
The objective of this role is to maximise the number of subscribers that the Readly reaches and converts through third party partnerships. Partnership collaboration is a strategically important channel for Readly in its quest to build the brand and awareness about the product and grow the user base. Readly has partnerships in place already to day within for example the segments of telecom, energy and the travel sector. The Head of Partnership will continue to grow the partnership universe, both in terms of sectors, numbers and geographical reach.
This is a global role with overall responsibility for the Readly effectiveness and efficiency of the partnership channels. The direct team with solid reporting line to this role is small and as Head of Partnership it is important to have significant collaborative leadership skills with ability to influence and lead without formal authority as the success of the role is dependent on input and support from multiple other teams and stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Execute on Readly?s partnership strategy and establish efficient large scale partnerships both in existing and new markets.
- Full end to end responsibility throughout the sales funnel from generating relevant leads to negotiation and deal closure and also ensure smooth integration and go live including coordination of marketing efforts together with the local Readly marketing teams.
- Ensure optimized partnership tactics that converts into paying subscribers while requiring minimum of integration and post launch maintenance
- Follow up and track partnership channel performance post launch to ensure initial business case and potential is achieved and ensure designated and active account management through the local growth teams.
- Manage a small team distributed in different geographic markets, including but not limited to goal setting, coaching and performance development. Those team members are a combination of Readly full time employees as well as external contractors.
- Act as overall responsible for partnerships and lead a virtual team of people from other departments that do not have a solid reporting line but that in different ways are part of executing on the partner strategy.
- The role is based in London, UK but will require a fair amount of international travel
- You will report to Chief Growth Officer.
Prior experience and personal characteristics
- Approximately 10 years of relevant experience from commercial roles, sales, business development, B2B environments.
- Strong commercial mindset with clear sales instincts and excellent negotiations skills
- Proven track record of developing and leveraging partnerships to fuel rapid growth of digital B2C products or/and services
Readly is a rapidly growing tech scaleup with a ?flat? and collaborative culture. As a person, you are a prestige less team player in how you collaborate within the Readly organization. You can lead virtual cross functional stakeholder teams towards the common goal of acquiring, integrating and account managing new partnerships without relying on formal authority or traditional hierarchical structures. Yet you understand how to navigate and be effective in how you approach large more mature organizations and senior executives from sometimes more traditional industries where the existing and new partners are often found.
(e.g. “ajax”, “designer, london”, “php, chicago”)
Head of Partnerships London