Maria Mallaband Care Group
Care Assistant Alderley Edge
About the Role
To ensure the highest levels of bespoke care is provided to all residents, with all aspects of daily living.
- Support all residents to lead as full a life as possible, using individual care plans to provide person centred care.
- Assist residents in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional etc.,), whilst ensuring they retain their comfort and dignity.
- Identify relevant activities for engagement and balance the right level of support needs with independence.
- Assist with the admission of new residents in a way that puts the new resident at the heart of the service and complies with all procedures.
- Respect resident’s right to confidentiality and protect and uphold their privacy and dignity.
- Be vigilant and accurately report immediately all physical and/or emotional changes in residents.
- Show consideration, respect and sensitivity for residents’ property.
- Continuously improve the quality of the care and support provided by constantly reflecting on and updating own knowledge, skills and experience.
- Work responsibly when accompanying residents on visits outside the Home
- Work to the Codes of Practice set down by the General Social Care Council
To communicate with clarity, empathy and respect for others in all forms of communication and to all recipients
- Promote the wellbeing of residents who need care and support.
- Develop excellent rapport and be polite, welcoming and courteous to residents, relatives and visitors
- Show enthusiasm and interest when showing prospective residents and their families around the home, ensuring detailed requirements are identified, agreed and noted accurately for future use.
- Promote, ensure and maintain the good reputation of the Care Home and the Company.
- Interact effectively with external agencies.
- Understand the importance of correct record management and own personal responsibilities in maintaining this through passwords, storage of documentation, and sharing information ( both paper based or on electronic systems).
- Report breeches of records security to line manager or the Caldicott Guardian.
Work cooperatively as a team member and be accountable for own duties and responsibilities as well as the impact on others within the team.
- Live and promote the Company Mission and Brand Values at all times
- Support the Care Manager and team to promote the home and deliver excellent care, service, safety and profitability
- Be flexible and adaptable in participating in other jobs which are necessary for the smooth running of the home and the safety of the residents.
- Work cooperatively to cover colleagues’ duties resulting from additional workload, sickness and holidays.
- Embrace and respect the diversity and style of all team members and treat all people fairly.
- Promote mutual trust and show consideration of the impact your behaviour may have on others
- Support an environment of continuous learning and share knowledge and skills with others
- Follow the Employee Handbook and Company Policies and Procedures.
- To work within the company’s Information Governance policies in order maintain security of personal and sensitive data
Health and Safety
To implement safety practices in line with legislation and company policies and procedures and to promote these methods with all staff
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion by treating all people fairly and without bias
- Complete and update all mandatory training and ensure compliance at all times
- Comply with all relevant legislation and company policies and procedures to ensure the health, safety and well-being of all residents, their visitors and colleagues.
- Comply with company policy and procedure in relation to infection control and prevention.
- Ensure the security of the home is maintained at all times
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are communicated in a timely and precise way as per company procedures
Belvedere (The) Care Home
The Belvedere is situated in Alderley Edge, Cheshire and specialises in nursing dementia care for up to 41 residents. The Home three storey purpose built home opened in June 2009 with the comfort of each resident in mind. Belvedere has a lounge on each floor, including a dining room with kitchen facilities, comfortable seating and opulent decor. There are also two snoozlem areas and a secure garden. The Belvedere works closely with its neighbour, Cavendish Court who have the same owners, which allows both homes to maintain a flexible service in relation to individual needs and contact with numerous health experts. All residents receive their own care packages in order to ensure they receive the health, attention and dietary requirements that health professionals indicate will improve their well-being.
Care Assistant Alderley Edge