Bruin are currently seeking candidates for their open Nearly/Newly Qualified Actuary position in London, through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a Nearly/Newly Qualified Actuary role such as with an industry leading company like Bruin?
Our client is one of the UK’s leading pensions, risk, investments and benefits consultancies in the UK and are now seeking a Nearly/Newly Qualified Actuary to join their consulting team.
You must have a strong degree in a numerate subject and be committed to developing your career with a strong focus on UK DB Pension schemes.
Your key responsibilities as a Nearly/Newly Qualified Actuary would be:
- Working on nominated client accounts, ensuring work is done to a high standard, within budget and on time
- Preparing and checking actuarial calculations
- Opportunities to support other areas of the business (DC, Risk transfer, governance, proposition development and new business)
- Liaise with client managers and team leaders where there are conflicting client demands
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with clients
- Prepare client invoices
- Ensure comprehensive audit trails are maintained
- Maintaining record of work in accordance with agreed procedures
- Developing knowledge of actuarial and pensions matters which are relevant to job requirements
- Careful time recording against appropriate client codes
- Prepare client communications, presentations and reports
- Strong IT skills
- Making progress with the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries exams or already Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Sound grounding in actuarial and computing techniques used in valuation of pensions benefits
- Client relationship management skills
- Organisational and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate a proactive approach in developing consultancy and management skills
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Apply now and a member of the team at Bruin will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.