Bruin are currently seeking candidates for their open VP Fixed Income Trading and Analytics specialist position in london, through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a VP Fixed Income Trading and Analytics specialist role such as with an industry leading company like Bruin?
Our client , a global financial institution is seeking to hire Fixed Income Trading and Analytics specialist ….
Who we are looking for
- Responsible for being a product specialist in trade technology and FI analytics.
- Responsible for working with clients around data coverage and product innovation
- Support and extend analytics libraries.
- Support existing and additional market data and reference data.
While this role has been advertised as being London based, the client is open to have this role based anywhere within their global footprint of the organization and potentially be location agnostic for the right candidate.
You will be joining the organizations new division that combines advanced trading technology, best execution and servicing expertise with proprietary market research and insights to support clients in decentralized financial markets. Together with other teams across our company, you will be working on the evolution of their award-winning GlobalLink (electronic trading technology platform)into a multi-asset solution that will include crypto, central bank digital currency, blockchain and tokenization
Join us if making your mark in the digital asset servicing industry is a challenge you are up for.
As Fixed Income analytics and data specialist , Vice President you will
- Maintaining and improving reference data for bonds and futures, (including transitions to additional data providers)
- Supporting the addition of additional futures to the market data feeds.
- Supporting and enhancing in-house analytics for Bonds, futures, Interest rate swaps, and FX options.
- Interacting with data providers to address discrepancies.
- Ensure that the business continues to be operated in compliance with internal and external regulations and respect to procedures
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with local and global team
- Establish and nurture a culture of ‘Risk Excellence’, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenges and supports open discussion.
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability into staff members’ behaviour in performing their roles.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Great team skills, but must be a self-starter and be comfortable working under pressure
- First class product knowledge and understanding of the Fixed Income business, trade technology, and analytics
- Should have 5+ years of professional experience will be an added advantage
- Programming skills: Rapid development of robust, and supportable software.
- Programming in languages such as Julia or VBA.
- Experience dealing with databases such as Postgres, and writing SQL queries.
- Extensive experience in the electronic trading platform space and Fixed Income industry
- Knowledge of modern yield curve construction. Funding curves etc.
- Experience in developing high quality C libraries from scratch.
- Aptitude for, and common-sense approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Superb communicator with clients and all levels of internal staff
- Responsible to develop new business relationship with institutional clients with various asset classes who are looking for support with Best Execution requirements
- Maintain trust relationship with existing BestX clients with accountability
- Take responsibility for revenue growth and manage sales pipeline in a timely manner
- Understand needs and requirements raised by clients and prospects, evaluate the justification and escalate to specialised product team in a coherent manner
- Take initiative and communicate with clients and team members to solve challenging issues
- Influencing skills – ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders and business leaders inside and outside the business.
- Effective communication skills with an ability to switch seamlessly from strategic thinking to detailed analysis depending on subject and audience.
- Extensive experience in the Best Execution expectations taking into account MIFID II and ASIC requirements
- Financial aptitude – ability to formulate, understand and manage budgets
- Excellent relationship manager across the business and industry.
- Awareness and understanding of changing legislation especially in the US, EMEA and APAC
- Commercial acumen – detailed knowledge of the economic drivers of the business and how the business can position itself to take advantage of opportunities and minimize threats to revenue.
- Appreciation of cultural differences globally.
- A person who exemplifies risk excellence and owners mindset
- Adept at managing multiple projects/initiatives (strong attention to detail and the ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Courageously challenge
- Ability to drive change
- Great communicator and motivator. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels across the organization
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Apply now and a member of the team at Bruin will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.