Bruin are currently seeking candidates for their open Product Controller position in Wroclaw, through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a Product Controller role such as with an industry leading company like Bruin?
Product Controller, Wroclaw
We are working on a great opportunity within the Product Control team of our clients in Wroclaw.
This is a full time Wroclaw based ENO level role in the Product Control Analytics (PCA) team whose objective it is to control Investment Banking activities. The products and processes supported are wide ranging – across multi asset classes for reporting, analytics and valuation. This role requires active collaboration with other partners within and outside of Product Control with areas such as Trading, Legal Entity Reporting, Market and Credit Risk and Information Technology.
Key Product Control Analytics activities include, but are not limited to:
- Ownership of balance sheet accounts and associated reconciliations for trading assets and liabilities.
- Manage independent valuation of trading assets and liabilities within a defined framework.
- Defining, building, managing and maintaining appropriate control standards in accordance with the controls framework and measuring performance against these standards.
- Carrying out control reviews to detect unauthorized trading activity.
- Interaction with and presentation of financial data and controls to key external partners including external audit and regulators;
- Developing strong and positive working relationships with business heads and teams across a range of businesses while maintaining the ability to independently challenge as appropriate.
- Advising on new deal and new business activity to ensure that appropriate controls exist to support the business.
- Developing and implementing new projects, initiatives and regulatory requirements.
Your future colleagues
You will have the chance to join a highly respected international Investment Bank with stable boundaries that allows growth and invests in its employees who have the opportunity to cooperate with the best professionals in the market.
Product Control are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's trading activities. We are a global function employing around 800 people, present in offices across EMEA, APAC and the Americas. Our crucial role is fulfilled by ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheets and analysis. We also conduct the independent validation of the value of our trading portfolios and work with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner. Product Control also guards the banks trading activities via the provision of reliable and relevant financial information provided to the business managers, external business partners and other relevant internal constituents. Importantly, we also execute controls to detect unauthorized trading or unusual activity and reporting in a timely manner to senior management.
Working for Product Control will allow you to become a well-trained financial professional with an internationally recognized profile around Finance and Accounting.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
You’ll be a good match, if you have:
- Proven track record of minimum 2 years (for senior role longer experience would be appreciated) of in a financial role, preferably with practical accounting experience and practical financial products experience.
- Product Control experience would be advantageous.
- Accountancy qualification is highly desirable (CIMA, ACA, ACCA).
- A University Degree in a relevant subject (Accounting, Finance or Engineering).
- Understand GAAP accounting rules, experience in USGAAP and multi-GAAP would be desirable.
- Practical experience of financial products is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities along with excellent attention to detail. Proven ability to work well under pressure and have a keen interest in complex products.
- Results-oriented with a highly-methodical approach to manage the large number of tasks that are expected to be completed on a daily/monthly basis and responding to ad-hoc queries.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in English.
- Detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Excel functions, including but not limited to Vlookups, Hlookups, Sumifs, and Pivot table manipulation.
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Private medical care
- Life insurance for employees and additional insurance options available for family members
- Pension plan
- Charity days
- Training and development
- Internal Mobility
- Language training course
- Family – nursery and kindergarten funding, gift vouchers for Christmas
- Parking allowance
- Health promotion: Multisport card, sporting events and groups within Credit Suisse (skiing trips, football team, running team, tennis training course etc.)
- Employee discounts on various products and services (event tickets, consumer products, etc.)
- Relocation package
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible work schedule and working from home (home office)
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Apply now and a member of the team at Bruin will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.