Bruin are currently seeking candidates for their open VP Operational Risk, Private Banking position in Glasgow, through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a VP Operational Risk, Private Banking role such as with an industry leading company like Bruin?
Leading Global Bank seeking an Operational Risk VP to join their Private Banking team, based in either Glasgow or Northampton.
• Influence and challenge senior leaders to make risk-informed business and strategy decisions, based on an understanding of the business gained through their daily interaction with senior leaders and their presence on business risk / control forums.
• Provide input to the key business discussions and decisions at the key governance and decision-making committees using their technical operational risk expertise, knowledge of risk best practice in the market place and knowledge of the business. In doing so they will provide insightful and potentially unpopular perspectives whilst being prepared to explain and stand behind their rationale.
• Provide insightful analysis and interpretation of risks to the first and second line based on a thorough technical understanding of the Operational Risk Management Framework, a good knowledge of the business derived from their close relationships to first and second line management at the level of Group ExCo -2 & -3 and below and knowledge of wider industry risk practice.
• Support and challenge the first and second line at relevant business and risk/control governance forums
• Review and challenge, with first and second line stakeholders, the design and effectiveness of governance / controls to manage operational risks, and seek appropriate assurance to support the outcomes.
• Build relationships and work effectively to ensure alignment with shared requirements and dependencies and demonstrate credibility managing stakeholders, the role holder will engage with first and second line management to the level of Group ExCo -2 & -3; and have risk professional relationships with other key risk professionals across the Group.
Skills/ Experience Required
• Excellent practical understanding and experience of operational risk management and framework and with strong commercial awareness.
• A desire to become a subject matter expert in the field of Operational Risk, with aim of possessing a clear and deep understanding of Operational Risk Frameworks and their fit within an Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
• Strong knowledge of financial products desirable (
• The ideal candidate will have a track record of leading Operational Risk activity from a first or second line of defence role. Private Banking/ Wealth experience preferred but not essential.
• The ideal candidate will be recognised for driving effective management action to risk issues from either a first line or second line perspective.
• Communication experience with a range of stakeholders and strong stakeholder management skills, with ability to influence others and to challenge without being confrontational, adapting their approach to the audience and circumstances.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Apply now and a member of the team at Bruin will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.