Bruin are currently seeking candidates for their open Securities Lending & Synthetics Senior Legal Counsel Investment Banking position in London, through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a Securities Lending & Synthetics Senior Legal Counsel Investment Banking role such as with an industry leading company like Bruin?
Securities Lending & Synthetics Senior Legal Counsel Investment Banking
- Providing advisory support to the Equities Synthetics and Securities Lending (“ESSL”) desks with an emphasis on securities financing transactions.
- Providing legal advice on development of new products and structures.
- Review and negotiation of third party security arrangements, term margin agreements and other bespoke documentation.
- Creation and maintenance of product templates, guidelines and legal documentation summaries
- Involvement with related due diligence projects and other reviews, including those related to compliance with existing and forthcoming legislation and regulations, for e.g. CSDR, SFTR, UMR, MiFID II.
- Liaising with external counsel in the development of new products and regulatory compliance.
- Close engagement with Business and other key stakeholders (Compliance, Tax, Risk, Credit).
- Qualified Legal Counsel
- Experience of investment banking/ markets/ clearing businesses via private practice or in-house
- Experience of securities lending (including Agency Lending arrangements) and collateral arrangements.
- Advisory and drafting experience in equity swaps and supporting a central funding desk would also be an advantage.
- Familiarity with the GMSLA, ISDA, CSA and Swap Master Confirmation.
- Understanding of predominate regulations affecting securities financing transactions.
- Familiarity with the netting and collateral enforceability requirements for regulatory capital purposes.
- Experience of legal advisory work with particular attention to regulations applicable to equity financing transactions
- Transactional and deal experience, including the effective instruction of external counsel.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Proactive and able to manage competing priorities/tight deadlines
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Apply now and a member of the team at Bruin will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.