Bruin are currently seeking candidates for their open Legal Counsel VP Investment Products & Services : Funds & Structured Products UK Banking Group position in london, through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a Legal Counsel VP Investment Products & Services : Funds & Structured Products UK Banking Group role such as with an industry leading company like Bruin?
Role Focus: Investment products across the UK Bank and Private banking areas
- Manufacture, maintenance and distribution of the firm’s range of UCITS and non-UCITS retail schemes domiciled across the UK, Luxembourg, Ireland and Jersey and on the distribution of a wide array of third-party managed funds and structured products sold by the bank
- Provide support to the Private Bank investments business, focusing on the manufacture and distribution of alternative investment funds domiciled across a range of jurisdictions and covering multiple asset classes such as real estate, private equity and hedge funds.
- Support the Consumer & Private Bank with respect to wrapped product offerings such as offshore bonds, pensions and investment ISAs.
- Implementation of regulatory change as it impacts investment products across the group
- Leading on the development of new propositions and services, including in the digital space and advising on the associated emerging legal and regulatory risks.
- Drafting and negotiating contractual arrangements including client facing terms
- Proactively identifying and advising on legal and regulatory risks, escalating these as necessary to stakeholders.
- Supporting across the Legal function in relation to the full range of products and services offered by the UK Consumer Bank
- Legal advice in relation to the laws and regulations governing consumer banking and payments products and services and investment products and services, with a particular focus on those applicable to the UK retail and private banking segments: launching, changing, remediating or closing investment services
- Partnering the Private Bank business and the Wealth Management business to support them in the distribution of investment products (e.g., funds, structured products, offshore bonds, pensions, ISAs and other investment products)
- London based
- Flexible working arrangements in place
- Supportive culture
- Opportunity for cross training in Legal
- UK or equivalent qualified lawyer
- UK domiciled currently
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Apply now and a member of the team at Bruin will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.