Bruin are currently seeking candidates for their open Senior Legal Counsel Privacy – 12 month FTC – Global Investment Management position in London, through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a Senior Legal Counsel Privacy – 12 month FTC – Global Investment Management role such as with an industry leading company like Bruin?
Senior Legal Counsel Privacy – 12 month FTC – Global Investment Management
The Role : senior privacy SME advising the firm on all legal aspects of privacy and data protection globally
- Support and provide legal advice to the Chief Privacy Officer, the Global Privacy Office and all business functions on privacy and data protection globally (North America, EMEA, APAC) including advising on GDPR, Data Protection Act 2018, PECR, China’s PIPL, the proposed new ePrivacy Regulation, CCPA, CPRA and relevant national laws and regulations (where required, working together with outside counsel), data subject access requests, personal data breaches, data protection audits, investigations, disclosure of data to authorities.
- Monitor, assess, interpret and provide the business with guidance on ongoing regulatory developments relating to Data Privacy
- Instruct external counsel for both complex matters and as necessary for ‘overflow’ projects globally, including assessment and interpretation of local privacy laws.
- To support the Global Privacy Office and other business functions in determining privacy –relevant policies and processes, and ensuring the firm complies with privacy principles eg with GDPR
- Support the “transfer” of the legal advice into “toolkits” and training materials, enabling the first line of defence to understand what is required, including drafting and providing training on playbooks, guidance and other briefing materials on privacy.
- Draft, review and update the firm’s privacy notices and policies (client, staff, website) and advise the firm on data protection aspects of using cookies and other tracking technologies, online advertising, direct marketing and consent management.
- advise HR on employee privacy matters, including recruitment and talent acquisition programs, background checks, employee monitoring, staff surveys, diversity and inclusion projects etc.
- Qualified Lawyer
- Data Privacy SME wide experience with privacy and DP matters / GDPR / CCPA
- Knowledge of the data privacy and E-privacy regimes in Europe and the US. Knowledge of similar laws in further jurisdictions an advantage
- Ideally with Data Protection (e.g. CIPP/E)
- Flexible working and full benefits package + bonus
- Immediate or 1 month start
- 12 months FTC
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Apply now and a member of the team at Bruin will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.