Bruin are currently seeking candidates for their open Debt Capital Markets Legal Counsel ( AVP) Investment Banking position in London, through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a Debt Capital Markets Legal Counsel ( AVP) Investment Banking role such as with an industry leading company like Bruin?
Debt Capital Markets Legal Counsel (AVP) Global Investment Bank
Provide legal and transaction management support to the Debt Capital Markets business at every phase of transactions for the bank’s clients in the debt securities markets – from origination, mandate, structuring, documentation preparation and due diligence management, through to execution and settlement
- Based in the DCM Legal team working with business teams and other functions (notably Compliance and Risk) to provide exceptional legal advice and support to transactions and general investment banking matters, including assisting colleagues in managing legal and reputational risks through the lifecycle of transactions.
- Review and advice on comfort letters, legal and disclosure opinions and other conditions precedent.
- Review of documentation and legal advice relating to Covered Bond programmes (dedicated support).
- Review of documentation and legal advice relating to a broad range of DCM transaction types, including EMTN programmes, standalone transactions, regulatory capital , hybrid capital and liability management for a range of Corporate, FIG and SSA Issuers.
- Drafting and reviewing mandate and fee side letters.
- Liaising with other external market participants with respect to transaction specific matters, coordination of documentation review and signing.
- Assistance with advisory regulatory workstreams, as appropriate, including potential participation in industry association forums, liaising with Regulatory teams internally and review and contribution to consultation papers.
- Instructing external counsel, coordination of their input and management of their fees.#
- This role would suit a 1 – 3 years PQE Legal Counsel with experience either in Private Practice or in-house within FS in either of the below areas:
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Apply now and a member of the team at Bruin will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.