Bruin are currently seeking candidates for their open Senior Credit Officer, Infrastructure & Project Finance Credit position in London, through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a Senior Credit Officer, Infrastructure & Project Finance Credit role such as with an industry leading company like Bruin?
- Join two other Senior Credit Officers leading and line managing a team of credit professionals who specialise in Infrastructure and Project Finance. Together, you will be responsible for their personal and technical development.
- Liaise with originators, relationship managers, products partners, clients and where necessary shape structured credit proposals in order to maintain an acceptable balance of risk and reward. Identify viable new business opportunities in the context of credit risk appetite.
- Oversee and support the team in conducting independent credit assessments for presentation to sanctioning officials to enable informed decisions to be made. This involves the analysis of company prepared information, extensive technical and market due diligence, and identifying key strengths and risks. Submissions include new to bank business, increased lending, variations from existing terms, restructures and annual credit reviews.
- Monitor and control credit exposures to identify increases to the risk profile, communicating with senior Risk colleagues and sanctioners as well as other interested parties as appropriate, and to maintain compliance with policy and regulatory policy.
- Guide and support the team in undertaking customer, sector and market research to ensure assessments have an external dimension. Apply sound judgement to ensure relevant material is included when evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of a lending proposal. This includes sensitivity analysis of internal/external cash flow models.
- Lead on the production of periodic sector and policy reviews.
- Maintain records to satisfy internal and external requirements, particularly relating to data quality and statutory reporting. Assess proposed transactions against Group Policy and supervise the deal origination team in the same respect.
- We provide an encouraging learning environment, with an emphasis on teamwork and personal development. You will work in a high profile and demanding environment committed to delivering core positive group values, motivating others to embrace innovation and simplify ways of working across teams.
Skills/ Experience Required
- Credit risk management (and ideally sanctioning experience) in the infrastructure and project finance sectors (including renewables), with an in-depth technical understanding of these sectors.
- Experience in Acquisition Finance (Leveraged Finance) Credit is also desirable.
- Well-developed communication and influencing skills and are happy to challenge the status quo whilst being comfortable making and explaining your decisions. Able to balance conflicting demands whilst delivering to tight timescales as well an ability to quickly learn and adapt to new challenges.
- You can demonstrate sound judgement, strong decision-making skills, good attention to detail, the ability to collaborate, and a passion for the asset classes which we cover.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Apply now and a member of the team at Bruin will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.