Bruin are currently seeking candidates for their open Financial Risk Manager position in London, through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a Financial Risk Manager role such as with an industry leading company like Bruin?
The Risk & Compliance department, is responsible for providing second line of defense monitoring, surveillance, oversight, and advice, as well as appropriate escalation and reporting on regulatory, market, credit, liquidity and operational risks facing the firm.Its role as an independent function includes ensuring the firm operates within the Board approved risk appetite through ongoing identification, assessment, monitoring, and reporting of risk throughout the firm.
- Day to day operation of second line processes to identify, assess, manage, monitor and report on financial risks across the firm, including: Market risk, credit risk, Capital at risk, liquidity risk
- Providing oversight, challenge and advice to first line business units on the management of financial risk within their respective business areas, including: control testing, thematic reviews, action tracking, reporting of loss events, risk and control self-assessments
- Preparing regular reports and presentations for management, executive and Board level committees on risk profile and material risk issues
- Identifying and implementing ways to mature the management of financial risks within the firm
- Providing critical review and advising on the development of firm-wide risk management policies, including provision of training to first line business units as required
- Providing support in the ongoing implementation of the FCA Investment Firms Prudential Regime (IFPR), including ICARA processes
- Supporting the wider risk-team on the maintenance and operation of the EWRMF, including on the application of quantitative methods to non-financial risks as appropriate
- Working constructively with the Compliance team to ensure regulatory risk (including non-financial and conduct risks) are effectively managed
- Sound understanding of the key financial risks to which an investment firm is exposed
- Sound understanding of the role of the second line within a three lines of defence model
- Strong awareness of the UK regulatory regime and key regulatory initiatives as they extend to financial risks and risk management processes (e.g. IFPR)
- Experience in the operation and development of an enterprise wide risk management framework, preferably within a financial services firm
- Experience in applying quantitative and statistical methods to the management of financial risks, to enable informed decisions on risk management to be undertaken
- Experience in implementing new regulatory regimes, requiring engagement and co-ordination across multiple business units
- Ability to analyse complex datasets using database and basic programming/scripting skills (e.g. SQL, python, VBA, PowerBI)
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Apply now and a member of the team at Bruin will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.