Bruin are currently seeking candidates for their open Risk Analyst position in London, through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a Risk Analyst role such as with an industry leading company like Bruin?
Risk Analyst with 3-5 years quantitative fixed income investment risk management experience to work with the Chief Risk Officer as part of team of 8 risk professionals with a focus on: risk management and enhancement of risk analytics capabilities.
- Manage investment risk across a range of portfolios, including regular interaction with the Portfolio Management team, and ensure portfolios comply with regulatory limits and internal guidelines.
- Maintain data and systems, develop and produce risk and performance reports. Review and monitor portfolios, liaise with portfolio managers plus other stakeholders.
- Undertake ad-hoc analysis and proactively identify additional analysis and process enhancements that can improve the risk management activity performed across both the Risk and the Portfolio Management functions.
- Take a leading role in the development and enhancement of the firm’s risk models, analytical capabilities and risk management framework.
- Work closely with the IT team to align models and risk tools with a controlled, robust data architecture.
- Strong grasp and understanding of financial concepts, financial mathematics and practical application to investing.
- Experience of working with fixed-income products and the relevant risk metrics and sensitivities.
- Comfortable working with databases and large data sets in Excel, solid programming ability in VBA. Familiarity with market data systems and portfolio management systems – in particular Bloomberg AIM / CMGR.
- An understanding of fixed income portfolio risk, ideally including regulated fund structures (UCITS, QIAIFs, etc).
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Apply now and a member of the team at Bruin will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.