Bruin are currently seeking candidates for their open AD Investment Risk Oversight position in london, through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a AD Investment Risk Oversight role such as with an industry leading company like Bruin?
Title: Associate Director, Investment Risk Oversight, UK
Reports To: Head of Investment Risk Oversight
Clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Flexible employer, encouraging employees to perform their role in the way that works best for them, the business, and clients. Flexibility over where and when you work for all, considering your role and any local regulations.
The risk team covers the management oversight of the company’s risk profile including:
• Key risk frameworks
• Policies and procedures
• Oversight and challenge processes.
• Investment Risk
• Operational Risk
• Enterprise Risk
• Technology Risk
Investment Risk Oversight:
The Investment Risk Oversight team forms part of Global Risk and is responsible for all aspects of Investment Risk including:
• Market risk
• Derivatives risk
• Sub-advised risk
• Fund liquidity risk
The team also provides oversight of the Model Risk associated with the Investment Process, whilst also working closely with the Investment Risk Analytics team.
• Provide oversight on all aspects of investment risk, with a focus on UK and Ireland.
• Implement relevant investment risk frameworks in UK and Ireland, whilst working closely with colleagues in Europe and Asia.
The individual will be expected to work effectively as part of a matrix organisation with a direct reporting line into the Head of Investment Risk Oversight in the UK and a dotted line into the UK Chief Risk Officer.
• Support the heads of department with establishing and implementing risk and governance framework.
• Prepare and present investment risk reporting to the UK Boards and relevant committees, in conjunction with the UK CRO and Global Risk Reporting team.
• Design and implement risk frameworks, policies, and procedures for UK Legal Entities in your region.
• Implementation of new regulatory requirements.
• Review and challenge operational risk event reports that occur within the investment team, whiles working with the relevant teams to ensure effective mitigation plans and action tracking.
• Work with colleagues across regional investment teams in Europe and Asia to ensure alignment of activities and sharing best practice.
• Establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders.
• Develop projects to enhance the effectiveness of the Investment Risk and Global Risk team as required.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
• Proven risk expertise within an asset management or financial services firm, ideally within an Investment Risk or Investment Operations.
• A good understanding of Fund Regulations within UK and how they impact Equity, Fixed Income and Multi-Asset products.
• Experience of working with front office investment teams, trading and operations.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to build work effectively with other internal functions and senior management in different areas and locations.
• Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to face off to senior peers, stakeholders and board members.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Dedicated to maintaining high standards with excellent attention to detail, ability to work independently and to tight deadlines.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Apply now and a member of the team at Bruin will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.