Bruin are currently seeking candidates for their open Financial Risk Analyst position in London, through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a Financial Risk Analyst role such as with an industry leading company like Bruin?
Financial Risk Analyst
A fantastic new opportunity for a Financial Risk Analyst, ideally with a background in Private Banking or Wealth Management
- To prepare and evaluate risk management reports, determining the exposure and risk profile of the bank, ensuring these adhere to Policy / Risk Appetite.
- Identify trends in key risk metrics that require investigation..
- Support the preparation and evaluation of periodic reports relating to key risks for the Board / senior management.
- Understand relevant risk management policy / criteria, to provide guidance to the business, and to enforce policy, where necessary.
- Support the development of risk mitigation / monitoring procedures within the firm.
- Support the completion of regular risk assessments to evaluate the bank’s risks and develop controls / techniques designed to mitigate the firm’s Financial Risks.
- Participate in the 2nd Line oversight responsibilities of the bank’s portfolio monitoring programme, to identify instances where client investment portfolios are not aligned to Policy.
- Support the completion of regular risk assessments to evaluate the risk profiles of the firm’s collective investment schemes, including stress testing and ensure metrics / approaches are fit for purpose.
- Produce &/or assist in the production of key Prudential Risk initiatives such as the ICAAP, ILAAP, RST & Recovery Plan.
Attributes and Qualities
- Experience working in financial services, ideally in private banking and or wealth management.
- Knowledge of Financial Risk Management, particularly in respect of prudential risks, including ICAAP, ILAAP, Recovery Plans, Reverse Stress Testing, scenario analysis, stress testing.
- Experience of investment risk controls and oversight associated with the management of client assets.
- Experience of working in a matrix management environment, working with other colleagues to ensure both local and Quintet requirements are met.
- Strong Excel skills (i.e. formula, macros & production of graphs) and VBA.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Apply now and a member of the team at Bruin will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.