Bruin are currently seeking candidates for their open Reinsurance Technician position in London, Greater London through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a Reinsurance Technician role such as with an industry leading company like Bruin?
Reinsurance Broker Support Technician sought for a lead broking house.
We are in need of an individual who can come in and hit the ground running so only relevant experience in a Broker Support role will be suitable.
Our client is a fantastic broking house who go about their business more under the radar in comparison to some of their larger, more corporate competitors.
Individuals with a Property & Casualty or Specialty Casualty background would be advantageous.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Co-ordinates placement of risks, including production of documentation to assist placement and maintenance throughout the risk life cycle (underwriting submissions, market reform contracts, wordings, endorsements)
• Plays a highly active role/relationship with clients via e-mail, telephone and face-to-face, dealing with Client, Underwriter and Market Representative queries
• Demonstrates excellent technical knowledge and ability to communicate this to various audiences (Reinsured's, Overseas Brokers, Internal and Underwriters)
• Ensures that accounts are serviced efficiently and professionally – creates MRC slips, policy wordings and Underwriter submissions; deals with slip endorsements; negotiates bespoke wordings to meet Clients’ needs
• Utilises PPL, Atlas, BARS, other market and internal systems as appropriate
• Works with Brokers and Directors to identify and qualify opportunities for business development
• Assists in design of complex programme structures to provide innovative risk transfer alternatives as required
• Ensures excellent service and compliance using meticulous checking and organisation; keeps internal compliance records updated
• Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of regulatory requirements
• Enables and encourages interaction and collaboration with other departmental units
• Adhere to company and regulatory policies, procedures together with mandatory training requirements.
• Adhere to financial reporting requirements including monthly phasing of income.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Apply now and a member of the team at Bruin will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.