therpcgroup The rpc Group of Comapnies
The Company and the Role:
An outstanding opportunity to join a highly recognised and popular Southampton city centre based hotel.
The restaurant in this popular hotel has recently had a major refurbishment and re-branded menu design and is now a Steakhouse, Bar & Grill Restaurant. With a new name this restaurant now requires its first Restaurant Manager to ensure its success.The position is permanent.
You will drive department profitability through ensuring internal and external guests have the best experience possible at every single touch point, service, food and ambiance. This will be measured by F&B Average Spends in the restaurant, Guest Service score including TripAdvisor and Internal audit scores including H&S.
Key Features of the Role:
• To lead your team and bring energy to each shift and to the care for your guests and team
• To lead the way with your performance, manner and personal presentation, it is all part of the internal and external guest experience, you are ringmaster, lion-tamer and ticket seller, all in one!
• To lead others in creating an Open and Fresh Approach to respond positively to internal and external customer issues, complaints and compliments.
• Assist with initiatives, menu development which is market led, relevant and engineered to deliver optimal profit
• Maintain awareness of consumer and competitor trends to maintain leading position in product and service delivery
• All food and beverage items are delivered to set specification
• Provide team with clear direction as to purpose and aligned objectives and support with training, coaching to improve delivery across department
• Make decision on team selection recruiting based on skill set and current needs of business and have a succession plan in place
• Ensure team care about the whole process and every step of the guest journey and have adequate resources to deliver product and services consistently
• Take action to engage the team in a ‘ I like it’ environment and change initiatives, address any under-performance from both team and individuals
• Prepare departmental training plan and budget investment accordingly
Sales & Revenue
• To lead the way and encourage the team to advise on the up-selling of products and promotions to maximise the guest experience and show value for money
• Responsible for obtaining maximum results in the utilization and appearance of the food and beverage areas
• Execute the tactical elements and action plans that support F&B strategy/business plan
• Ensure liquor revenue, purchase and delivery are tracked and take action to control within budgeted norms
Knowledge and Skills:
The Hotel is looking for a guest centric, hands on, hardworking professional to join them at this very exciting time.
You will ensure that the Guests receive the best possible service in a relaxed environment, you will also have an eye for detail and be able to demonstrate skills gained ideally in a branded environment.
You must have experience of delivering high levels of customer service, proven team management skills and be computer literate.
You will work 5 evenings out of 7 commencing from around 3pm until 11pm. You will be expected to work most Friday and Saturday evenings.
You should be someone who can drive commerciality through caring and pride. being personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
What’s on Offer?
Basic salary will be around £25,000 – 26,000 per annum possibly more for an outstanding candidate. In addition you will receive a share of tips both credit card and cash tips.
There is an excellent range of benefits which includes 20 days holiday plus bank and public holidays, meals on duty, use of the leisure facilities etc
If you are a restaurant manager looking to step into a new management position with one of the biggest hotel names around, or if you already have this experience, this could be the position for you.
This is a truly unique and career enhancing opportunity for the right person to make this position their own and advance through a highly recognised company.
Please do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Restaurant Supervisor / Manager.
The rpc Group of Companies receives an overwhelming number of CV’s /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough in order to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
rpc catering and hospitality recruitment, a Division of The rpc Group of Companies is at the forefront of supplying Chefs of all grades and hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / F & B / Bar Managers and Mixologists and Sommeliers throughout the UK and internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in any of the above mentioned catering and hospitality disciplines and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.