Website Cole & Yates Recruitment
We are recruiting for a Landscaping Team Leader on behalf of a national landscape services business specialising in new build landscaping projects, encompassing both soft and hard landscape installs, ranging from small domestic designs up to +£2m bespoke projects.
This role is will cover the Thames Valley region and be based out of their Reading Office.
Alongside the skillset summarised below, it is essential candidates are self-starters (able to work unsupervised), keen to get stuck in and make a positive contribution to the team, contract and company.
Role and Person requirements :
· To oversee the successful implementation and completion of a variety of landscaping projects
· Proven track record of delivering to timescale and to budget
· Possess a high level of site experience delivering projects to a high and consistent quality
· Ability to translate specifications and site drawings into landscape delivery on the ground
· Able to plan your teams work load to ensure maximum output and efficiency
· Responsibility to ensure you have the correct materials, plant and tools for each job
· Setting and meeting targets and deadlines and ensuring the efficient use of resources
· Ability to plan for contingencies (absence, ground, weather) keeping programmes to target
· An excellent communicator, promoting a positive front to clients, colleagues and contractors
· Act as a role model for your work team, ensuring excellent attitudes and behaviours
· A mentor passing on your knowledge and skills, to ensure a highly skilled team
· Ensuring work is to the highest standard, in accordance to any instructions and specifications
· Ensuring quality of work exceeds expectation
· Ability to provide solutions to design and site challenges, within budget
· Attention to details to ensure the long-term success of installed landscapes
· Ultimate responsibility for the daily health and safety of the team
· Compliance with health and safety policy, risk assessments and method statements
· Ensuring daily maintenance of the vehicles, plant and tools is carried out to company policy
· Ensuring team members adherence to site rules and the appearance of the team and vehicles
Essential and Desirable Extras
· Essential – Driving license, HR and QHSE experience, Flexible working hours,
· Desirable – Relevant managerial / operational qualifications / CSCS
Salary up to £25,500 + OTE, dependent on skillset and experience.
Relevant continual professional training relevant to the sector.
Potential for career progression within the business as regional client base develops.